Saturday, October 20, 2007

In a little town, Witham

I'm now working as an industrial placement student in Faber Maunsell. To those who do not know me that well, I am taking a BEng in Civil Engineering at the University of Plymouth.

Coming back to the UK for a stint in working life was exciting, you have to be. Being able to learn from people right out there in the industry, doing transportation and roadworks all over the UK, wow am I blessed.

My journey into my new world here did not go as smooth as I'd like it too. I found a place to rent before heading back to Malaysia. First impression was good. A decent double bedroom. TO my horror, the shower was not what i thought it to be. You had to literally squat for hot water. Not exactly the best thing when you are trying to settle down in a new place. Matters did not stop there. my landlady started changing moods, shouting and picking at little things. Every little noise would wind her up. U had to tip toe to get to the bathroom in the morning to avoid her fury! I had to move out!

Do you believe in the grace of God? Owh ok, let me add the church i currently attend. It is called the United Reformed Church Witham (will elaborate further). I went around looking for a room. I also ask if my colleagues and a few uncles from church if they knew any rooms available. A few days later, one of the uncles' called me and told me someone was just about to put a room up for rent at the local estate agent. By God's ever flowing blessing i got the chance to see the place first. It looked beyond what i expected. Take a look! i get the whole 1st floor to myself. Im blessed! The blessings don't just end there. Its the people there that really made the difference. God led me to such a nice couple and they are dedicated Christians too. Owh, how could i ever thank God. (Appreciation which is 2 months late) hehe..

My Crib

My working life is quite what i expected though. Just learning designs and just how the whole industry works. What i find unique is I am able to get involve in all aspects of Engineering work! Its great.


my work station, huge table, huge working space


So thats the two unique place that I spend most of my time at. 1 provides me a nice place to chill. 1 pays the bills (not taking the experience i get k).

No comments: